The newly established Cymru Football Foundation is delighted to announce the appointment of former Cymru international Kelly Davies as Independent Chair of the Board of Trustees.
The new board comprises of 8 Trustee Directors whose role is to lead on the strategic direction of the charity to develop inspirational fit-for-future football facilities that will improve and grow Welsh football on and off the pitch.
The Cymru Football Foundation Chair, Kelly Davies said: “This is the start of another exciting chapter in Welsh football. I am absolutely delighted to be able to play a fundamental leadership role in it, and alongside a highly credible board of trustees and executive team.
“We know the standard of football facilities across Wales, particularly at grassroots level, requires coordinated long-term investment to deliver the most accessible and appropriate environments for current and future members of the Welsh football family.
“We will address this challenge over the next few years by delivering a series of facility development programmes that will create outstanding football facilities. The social impact of our investments will be far wider, and deeper than ever before – once again putting us firmly on the world stage.”
The full list of Cymru Football Foundation Board members includes:
- Kelly Davies – Independent Chair
- Helen White – Independent Trustee Director
- Richard Williams – Independent Trustee Director
- Hannah Buckley – Independent Trustee Director
- William Lloyd Williams MBE – FAW Nominated Trustee Director
- Ian Williams – FAW Nominated Trustee Director
- Lee James – FAW Nominated Trustee Director
- Gail Powell – FAW Nominated Trustee Director